[Fedora-directory-users] FDS Password policy and passsync

Hugo Etievant hugo.etievant at inrp.fr
Thu Mar 12 14:15:21 UTC 2009

hi,

I  find the explanation of my problem :  unicode char are accepted by
Windows Server but refused by FDS.
Only 7 bit chars are accepted for userpassword in FDS.

I disabled the "enforce clean 7 bits attribute value" for userPassword
attribute in the "7 bits plugin" of my DS with the IDM Console.
Now Unicodes password are accepted by FDS and passsync do not fail.

ldapsearch comand line accept unicode password, but some applications
(Thunderbird) do not accept unicode password !!!!

Have you a solution for me ?
Can i enfore 7 bits clean into Windows server 2003 ????

regards

--
* Hugo Étiévant *