[Fedora-directory-users] Windows data sync

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 16:46:21 UTC 2009

Emmanuel BILLOT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We've installed FDS, AD and a replication agrement.
> FDS data/passwords sync with AD
> AD passwords sync with FDS.
>
> 2 pbs are still unsolved :
> - AD modifications (name, surname, mail) are not send or catched in FDS
I suppose you could enable the replication log level and see why this is
not working.  Note that changes may take up to 5 minutes to sync over to
Fedora DS due to the way the sync works using the DirSync control.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting
> - Passwords are not recognized after a Full init.
>    FDS => AD full init = unable to log on AD (even if we manually
> activate the account)
Right.  Passwords are not synced during full init.  Full init only uses
passwords in the database which are hashed and do not sync.
>    FDS -> AD passwd update = passwd ok in AD
Right.  Passwd update uses clear text passwords.