[389-users] Case sensitivity and FC9 389 DS packages.

James Chavez james.chavez at sanmina-sci.com
Tue May 12 00:51:00 UTC 2009

Hello Rich, List,

I have two inquiries.
The first is regarding case sensitivity.
I have the sudoers file centralized in LDAP (389) in one of the plants that
I support. I have users listed by their uid as sudoUsers under the sudo
roles.

Now If the uid is listed as Joe_Montana..and I login as Joe_Montana then the
entry is recognized correctly by the sudo functions.
If I login as joe_montana the sudo functions fail.
Is there a way to force 389 to be case insensitive so that username or UIDs
are recognized regardless of case?

I found these entries in dse. Can these be edited to force case
insensitivity?
nsslapd-return-exact-case: on
dn: cn=Case Exact String Syntax,cn=plugins,cn=config
cn: Case Exact String Syntax
dn: cn=Case Ignore String Syntax,cn=plugins,cn=config
cn: Case Ignore String Syntax

Secondly it seems the Fedora 9 newkey updates repo is broken. I upgraded all
of our installations to the newest packages 2 to 3 weeks ago and i am
wondering if these are still the latest packages.

fedora-ds-dsgw-1.1.1-1.fc9.i386
fedora-ds-console-1.2.0-1.fc9.noarch
fedora-ds-base-1.2.0-4.fc9.i386
fedora-ds-1.1.3-1.fc9.noarch
fedora-ds-admin-1.1.7-3.fc9.i386
fedora-ds-admin-console-1.1.3-1.fc9.noarch

Thank you
James