[389-users] memberOf task problem

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu May 21 11:33:18 UTC 2009

Thank you, Andrey.  I did do an updatedb and then locate - no
fixup-member0f.pl - just template.fixup-memberOf.pl :-(

Unless I'm missing something, you're ldapmodify looks just like mine
except for the cn (I believe the documentation says it can be called
anything) and I did not use a filter (again, I believe the documentation
says it is optional and our dit is still rather small).

I did create a new group and add myself to it as you suggested (thank
you).  Surprisingly, it did not appear to work.  I did not see a
memberOf attribute populated for me.  I then thought I would see if I
need to manually add that attribute to each user (I hope not!) and I did
not see memberOf as an attribute I could add to my user object.

I have verified that the plugin is defined in dse.ldif and it is
enabled.  I also see memberOf defined in 20subscriber.ldif and did not
see anything in the documentation about needing to extend the schema.

So, at this point, I am still at a loss for what I did wrong.  What do I
check next? Thanks - John