[389-users] posixGroup

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu May 21 12:57:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 18:07 +0600, Dmitry Amirov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My question is simple. I need to create unix group. If i try to do this
> via New->Group, then i can't see posixGroup. So i can add posixGroup
> only manually by adding needed attributes. But i want to add via console
> such as i can add new user.
<snip>
If I correctly understand what you want, what I typically do is create
the group, click on Advanced and add the posixgroup attribute.  I then
simply add users who have previously had the posixAccount attribute
added to their definition.  I also find in RedHat style systems that I
need to add the posixgroup attribute to the users.  Hope this helps -
John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation