[389-users] Admin-console doesn't work after upgrade

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 17:28:19 UTC 2009

Jens Ådne Rydland wrote:
> Hi,
> recently our LDAP server (CentOS 5.4) got upgraded, so we no longer have
> the command fedora-idm-console, but instead have gotten 389-console. The
> LDAP service it self works flawlessly, but when trying to open the admin
> console it fails with
>
> "netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (32); No such object"
>
> Running "service dirsrv-admin status" returns that the admin server is
> running, and running 389-console with -D indicates that the server
> indeed replies.
>
> So, is there some extra configuration needed after upgrading, such as
> running setup-ds-admin.pl again?
Yes.  You always have to run setup-ds-admin.pl -u after an upgrade, to
refresh the console information.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Install_Guide#Upgrading
Note that 389-ds-base 1.2.2 and 389-admin 1.1.8 and earlier have a bug
in that they do not update the console information properly.  If you run
into this problem, you might consider upgrading to 389-ds-base 1.2.3 and
389-admin 1.1.9 which you can find in the testing repo.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Notes