[389-users] Admin-console doesn't work after upgrade

Jens Ådne Rydland jensadne at unicornis.no
Wed Nov 4 15:28:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 07:22:53AM -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Jens Ådne Rydland wrote:
>> Right. And when I try to run setup-ds-admin.pl -u I'm asked about misc.
>> information that I don't have readily available, but most of it is
>> auto-filled in, and I guess it stored in some configuration file from
>> the previous time the admin-server was set up?

> Right.  /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/adm.conf mostly.  The only information
> you must provide is the admin password.  Everything else should be
> auto-filled in.

Yes, everything is auto-filled in, except that when using just the
auto-filled in information I get the error "Invalid credentials". So I
suspected that I had somehow gotten the password wrong, and tried
resetting it, but this didn't help.

>> Seems like no matter what I enter it returns "Error:  No such object" or
>> "Error: Invalid credentials". At least the last one I suppose means it
>> managed to connect to the LDAP server, but got the wrong admin password
>> or something? If it is the wrong password, how can I reset it?

> Do you use the console?  What username and password do you use?  I
> suppose you could also use the directory manager DN and password for
> your configuration directory server (the server that holds the
> o=NetscapeRoot information).

Using the console isn't possible as the console doesn't start, as stated
in my first message in this thread. That is, I can't login with the
console at least, it fails with
"netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (32); No such object".

I use the same username and password for the console that I've always
used, and this is the same as what I enter when running
setup-ds-admin.pl, which is rejected with "Error: Invalid credentials".

I have also tried resetting this password following the howto at
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:ResetDirMgrPassword, but
this didn't help either.

--
regards, Jens Ådne Rydland