[389-users] Attribute Rewrite / overlay?

Tim Hartmann hartmann at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 6 13:15:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

We've run into a situation where we are looking at chaining our
directory with another directory, but need to rewrite one of the
attributes? We need "cn: Joe User" to show up as "displayName: Joe
User"  In my research I noticed a feature which looked like it did that
in openldap, and was hoping there was something similar in 389.
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/overlays.html#Rewrite/Remap

I've dug into ACI's Views and COS and nothing seems to do remapping,
though this thread gave me hope, but doesn't seems like it's quite what
I'm looking for...
http://www.mail-archive.com/fedora-directory-users@redhat.com/msg09764.html

Has anyone done attribute remapping with 389 or is that still in the
roadmap?

Thanks!

Tim