[389-users] libpam-passthru-plugin

Tim Hartmann hartmann at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 25 17:57:49 UTC 2009

Rich Megginson wrote:
> Tim Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I've been looking at upgrading the version of libpam-passthru-plugin.so
>> that we use, we are using v 1.1.3 from an older version of Fedora
>> Directory Server on our RHDS 8.0 Install, I noticed that v 1.2.2 is
>> available in 389 on Fedora 11, and thought it might be useful to upgrade
>> my version of the Plugin.  Are there any Pros/Con's to using a newer
>> version of the plug in?
>>

> You want to use the pam passthrough plugin from 389 1.2.2 Fedora 11 with
> 1.1.3?  There are binaries for EL5.

Could you point me in the right direction to get the binaries?  I asked
for guidance through our support channel and they claimed they didn't
support the pam-passthru-plugin.  I've been having sporatic problems
with the dirsrv daemon dieing and they thought it may be in relation to
the pam-passthru-plugin

Thanks for the help Rich!

Tim