[389-users] Pass Sync Doesn't Work

Doug Tucker tuckerd at lyle.smu.edu
Tue Sep 8 18:30:55 UTC 2009

> > OK!  The logging was a tremendous help to at least seeing where the
> > failure is.  When the password change is made on the PDC, passync DOES
> > catch it and replicate to 389.  However, if the password change occurs
> > on the BDC, even though we see the change replicated to the PDC, passync
> > is NOT catching it and replicating to 389.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> >

> I believe The Password Sync Service must be installed on every Active
> Directory domain controller.

It appeared that way for no other reason than it wasn't working, but I
can't find anything in the documentation to indicate that, and someone
else that responded indicated he sees the change after the BDC
replicates it to the PDC.  Was just hoping for some official word that
states that this must be done.

Sincerely,

Doug