[389-users] Can Fedora DS be used as Inventory Management System?

Jean-Noel Chardron Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
Tue Jan 5 21:00:29 UTC 2010

Ajeet S Raina a écrit :

> Can 389 Server be used as Inventory Management System like Hardware ,
> Software, Machines Details, RAM details etc.
> What purpose can we use 389 Server for?
There are softwares to do inventory that works very well, better than a
solution on a ldap server, here at work, we use OCSinventory
http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/ coupled with à tracker/helpdesk system :
GLPI http://www.glpi-project.org/spip.php?lang=en.
In fact the users account are in the 389 server and a user can connect
to OCSng or GLPI with the account in the 389 server.