[389-users] Unable to make changes on a server from the management console

Erling Ringen Elvsrud erlingre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:58:15 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have this setup:

- One master directory server which also contains the configuration directory
- Two replicas, both use the configuration directory of the master.

I open the management console on the master like this:

/usr/bin/redhat-idm-console -a https://<fqdn of my master>:9830

When authenticated I get the "Console" window with two tabs, "Servers
and Application" and "Users and Groups"

in the "Servers and Applications" tab I have the tree of directory
server instances with my
suffix at the top. I click "+" on one of the replica instances, and
the "+" of the server group.
I then open the directory server instance by clicking "open".

The console window of that directory server instance then opens, with
tabs "Tasks", "Configuration", "Directory" and "Status".
I want to among other tasks enable encryption for that instance, so I
click the "Configuration" tab, and
"Encryption".  I check the "Enable SSL for this server" box. The
problem is that both "Save" and "Reset" are grey, so I cannot commit
my changes. Other actions like stop and start under "Tasks" aborts
with messages like "Directory sever xyz could not be stopped".

Where should I look to correct this issue?

Thanks,

Erling Ringen Elvsrud