Documentation project status

Akbar S. Ahmed akbar501 at dslextreme.com
Tue Dec 30 01:57:21 UTC 2003

Jan Fabry wrote:
> I think Fedora needs good installation and configuration manuals.
> Without these, it will never be possible to get a good user base (unless
> a majority of current Red Hat Linux users switch to Fedora).

I think part of the publicly expressed idea behind Fedora is that it is
for hobbyists, namely people who love to tinker with Linux and enjoy the
challenge that Linux can offer.

Also, Fedora is geered towards being an R&D platform for the RH
engineers, which translates into lots of software that may or may not
work. We'll see more of the R&D aspect come to light as Fedora progresses.

That said, the very R&D nature of Fedora might not make it the best
disto for newer users.

- Akbar