German users in this list?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 18:34:51 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 05:48, Thorsten von Plotho-Kettner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 12. November 2003 21:50 schrieb christian.huegel:
> > I am one and started to translate some docs.
> > For infos and questions please contact me.
> > You can view the status of the translations at:
> > http://www.stonebyte.de/dokus.php
>
> there should be a central point to coordinate translations, maybe
> a forum or a wiki. A place, in short, to meet translators, find people for
> translation-projects and to reach no double-work.

In general, that's what this mailing list is for.  If we recreate that
function outside of here, we risk splitting our knowledge and having
double-work occur.

However, it's true we are without a repository that contributors can
share (CVS).  While that's being worked on -- and it _is_ being worked
on :) -- perhaps translators can follow a plan like this, with as much
of the conversation happening on-list for the benefit of all:

1. Meet on this list, organize by language

2. Pick what to translate, divide the work

3. Coordinate using personal resources such as Christian has at
stonebyte.de, with discussions happening on-list as much as possible.

4. If possible, keep work in CVS for possible later integration into
Fedora Project CVS

Does this sound reasonable?

Karsten Wade   :      Tech Writer, RHCE     :  o: +1.831.466.9664
kwade at redhat.com : http://rhea.redhat.com/ :   c: +1.831.818.9995
    Red Hat Enterprise Applications : WAF, CMS, Portal Server