Anaconda documents

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 20:06:16 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Alexander" == Alexander Rau (work) <arau at schleese.com> writes:

Alexander> Ed: Thanks for your $0.02 and I think you are right to think
Alexander> longterm if the project should succeed.

Well, I'm a bit more hopeful than that. :-)  Besides, whether people
outside of Red Hat believe it or not, the Fedora project is considered
*vitally* important to Red Hat's future.  I've have seen comments by people
claiming that Fedora Core is "abandonware", but I can state that this is
categorically untrue.

Alexander> Here is a problem I have and I know I will get ripped apart for
Alexander> that:

Alexander> I mostly have time in between projects at work (while the
Alexander> network is doing maintenance or the server is being backed
Alexander> up...). Unfortunately, I have not been able to convince
Alexander> management to implement Linux in our workstations (we have one
Alexander> server running linux). So when I get a window of opportunity to
Alexander> participate I am sitting on M$ windowz machine. Are/is the
Alexander> tools/software available for M$ XP?

A quick google on "windows cvs client" returns some interesting hits.  ;-)
I have also seen posts on various Emacs-related newsgroups about people
using Emacs under Windows, so the basics are covered.

As for validating and/or producing HTML from XML on your Windows box, I
don't know, but even if you couldn't do this yourself, I would imagine that
you could pair up with someone with the necessary environment to help
you...

And to be honest, if you let psgml-mode (or that other mode mentioned here
whose name I don't recall) handle insertion of tags and atrributes for you,
validation errors should be relatively few and far between.

                                    Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/