I'd like to volunteer please... :-)

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Nov 26 18:32:21 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 12:48, James Davis wrote:
> Since security is the area of computing I know best (and what earns me my
> paycheque) I'd love to write some form of "Securing Fedora" guide. Would
> this be something useful to the project? I've just checked out fedora-docs
> from CVS and I'll start to look over those files and the documentation
> guide.

Speaking for no one but myself, I'd say that this sounds very
worthwhile. Red Hat started to produce a Security Guide in the
documentation portion of later incarnations of Red Hat Linux, so a set
of Fedora security guides seems like a good idea as well.

I think the push has been for the Docs Project to produce small,
self-contained tutorials. Perhaps in the interest of preserving
continuity, the best starting point would be to think of how the
security guides could be broken up... perhaps into groups like
file/resource security, general host security, and service security
(with each service represented separately). I could also see general IT
security and incident response being covered by tutorials as well.

I have a background in investigative forensic media analysis, and
although I don't have a CISSP or comparable rating, this still piques my
interest. :-)

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE