Status of french translation

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Nov 29 08:30:41 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 02:47, Philippe MALINGE wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I checked out the 'translate' package and it seems that all fr.po files
> are already translated in french.

Are you perhaps talking about translating Fedora Core (apps, tools,
Gnome, etc.)?

Discussion about translation of Fedora Core appears to happen on
i18n-list at redhat.com (http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/i18n-list).

On-topic discussion for this list includes translation of documentation
(guides, tutorials, HOWTOs), much of which has not been written (in
English or any other language).

Sorry if I have missed the point entirely; I haven't been keeping fully
informed on how translation is coordinated.  Did you actually find that
the existing Fedora Project documentation (i.e. the Documentation Guide)
was already translated???

HTH - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade   :      Tech Writer, RHCE     :  o: +1.831.466.9664
kwade at redhat.com : http://rhea.redhat.com/ :   c: +1.831.818.9995