html2docbook

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 19:27:53 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 12:12, John.Himpel at edwardjones.com wrote:
> Tammy, et.al.
>
> I am in the process of converting all of the XFree86 documentation to DocBook.

I don't know off hand what the XFree86 doxen is written in, but if you
or anyone here has dox to convert from HTML to DocBook, this tidy patch
works really well:

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~ppadala/tidy/

It's less helpful when the dox are about APIs, because everything
becomes <literal> or <computeroutput> or <screen>, which reflects the
formatting centric usage of HTML.  But it is certainly a nice way to get
everything in W3C compliant DocBook SGML/XML as a starting point.

Karsten Wade   :      Tech Writer, RHCE     :  o: +1.831.466.9664
kwade at redhat.com : http://rhea.redhat.com/ :   c: +1.831.818.9995
    Red Hat Enterprise Applications : WAF, CMS, Portal Server