background stuff

Luiz Rocha lsdr at lsdr.net
Fri Oct 3 00:37:06 UTC 2003

> > I already know about the <ulink url="...&..."> problem -- are
> > there more problems then?
>
> Yes. I tried this about a month and a half ago, so I don't remember
> the specifics. Certain table attributes seemed to make it stop and if
> I had

  I think this kind of problems could be solved preprocessing the file before
trying to do the transformation, don't you?

  If the XML is preprocessed by a script (I thought about using python +
libxml, since both are part of Fedora Core), to clean excessive spaces,
resolv the entities (& and others) before trying to transform into PDF it
may solve this problem without making the XML a invalid DocBook.

  Of course, it is just a first thought. It might be the wrong approach to the
problem.

--
Luiz Rocha <lsdr at lsdr.net>