docs translation

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 15:44:35 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> writes:
Karsten> Have the fedora-docs-list receive the CVS commit notice, which
Karsten> would include log messages and the {unified,context} diff.  The
Karsten> commit message could then contain information for the translators
Karsten> and other writers working on the module.

I use this for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux release notes, and it is very
handle to see who else is doing things to the module...

Karsten> If this ends up being too much noise on the list, we could have a
Karsten> separate fedora-docs-cvs-commits list for just those who need to
Karsten> actively watch.  Collaborators can remain subscribed but choose to
Karsten> disable delivery until they know there are more changes coming.

This sounds best -- the commit messages can quickly become overwhelming...

Karsten> Only other downside that comes to mind -- commit messages might
Karsten> have to be long enough that you won't be able to put it all on one
Karsten> command line.  :)

The script that we use to send the messages (can't remember the name ATM)
has a fair bit of flexibility; we should be able to cut it down to
something reasonable... :-)

Truth be told, for this kind of situation, I wonder if the commits-list
really needs full diffs, or could just get by with a message containing a
well-written, informative log message (hint, hint)... ;-)

That way, people interested in that particular document would know
something has changed, and could update their working copy to get the
details...

                                Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/