usb-keys

Dave Pawson davep at dpawson.co.uk
Thu Aug 12 15:14:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 14:41, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 05:45, Dave Pawson wrote:
> > Since we've heard no more from this guy; here's the attributed docbook
> > version,
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Have you already looked at my updfstab-tutorial? I think it presents a
> better technical solution that works with the existing subsystems
> (hotplug, kudzu) rather than creating a need for another one (autofs in
> this case). I like autofs too, but I normally use it only for things
> like NFS or SMB mounts, since it doesn't have great support in the
> spatial browser. Mounts supported by updfstab will appear in the
> "Computer" browser, which makes the user experience a little more
> seamless.
>
> Please check out the current version at my site, http://docs.frields.org
> ... there's a HTML-browseable copy for convenience. I've been working on
> intergrating Tim Waugh's guidelines for troubleshooting hotplug problems
> such as missing USB vendor/product information.

1. I'm in no position to judge either as being better / worse.
2. Any reason to have more than one alternative?
  Are you (is anyone) in a position to say this is better/easier if
3. I do actually need / want such doco myself, since I use a flash card
in a reader :-) (And I did it a.n.otherway :-)

Anyway Paul, I was first to get it to the list :-) So there <grins/>

Dunno where to go from here.
Tammy?

--
Regards DaveP.