usb-keys

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 18:01:01 UTC 2004

 On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 09:24, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Having said all that, there's always more than one way to skin a cat!
> Perhaps we could combine these in such a way as to make the whole thing
> palatable to a broader audience? It seems to me a single document that
> gives multiple methods is better than finding several partly or wholly
> inconsistent documents, each professing to be the One True Method(TM).

For maintainability sake, it might be easier to keep things separate.
Either way, we could have a document set that covers multiple methods.
Fedora Doc Set: Hot Plugging or something.

I was thinking that doc sets are a way for us to get something that more
closely resembles one of the classic Red Hat Linux guides, without the
associated maintenance hassle.  Believe me, it is a true full-time job
writing and maintaining just one of those guides.  Besides, modularizing
projects to get a greater sum from the parts is the open source way!

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41