Rough start...

D@7@k|N& dataking at cox.net
Sun Aug 29 12:16:49 UTC 2004

Hi all.

I've been doing some work on the hardening tutorial and I've gotten to
the point where I have a few questions.

First of all, do I need to do anything to the bugzilla report to show
that work is actually being done on this guide?

I've tried writing in emacs, and I feel like I'm fighting the program so
much that I haven't been able to write any of the actual tutorial.  So,
I did some work in Kate, and am trying to back port it with the XML tags
to make it fit the model.  I followed the steps in the Doc Guide for
setting up emacs, and I think I got it right, but tag completion, and
coloring, etc. doesn't seem to be really intuitive.

Anyhow, I've taken a look at the CVS stuff, and thought that the Install
Guide my be a good one to use as an example, but that looks like a WIP.
So, I took a look at the Doc Guide, and that's a little more complete.
The layout of the Doc Guide implies that each chapter should be a
separate document.  Is this true?  Or, if you build one monolithic
document, will the Makefile parse all of the info correctly so that the
different chapters break out into different pages?

Finally, once I get documents complete, what's the best way to submit
stuff to my editor?  CVS?  Bugzilla?  Email?  What items should be
included in the submission?

Thanks for hand-holding me right now.  Once I get the hang of it, things
should be a little easier, and I should be a little more prolific.
After looking at the Doc Guide, writing in emacs/XML doesn't seem so
daunting, so hopefully that won't be as much of an issue as I continue.

Thanks.

-Charlie

-=D at 7@k|N&=-

<== dataking's pgp ==>
9287 3334 03E4 965E 0D2D  F7CA A6E7 407C 1558 A263