taking screenshots - new section for Documentation Guide (was installation guide)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 21:40:10 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 05:25, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 06:30, Dave Pawson wrote:
> > What processing tools Paul?
> >   And why is computeroutput necessary within screen? I'd have thought an
> > either or was more reasonable for the processor to sort out?

I am advocating:

<screen>
<![CDATA[
foo {
  bar ()
}
]]>
</screen>

Same for <programlisting/> blocks.

This material, in the Fedora Doc Guide, is historical practice that we
can (and should) revise.

> I'm using the standard toolset and practices from the Documentation
> Guide. Maybe that piece should be revisited in the Documentation Guide,
> which indicates the proper syntax looks like this:

> <computeroutput>Uh-uh, you can't do that.</computeroutput></screen>

That's not what I see on this page:

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-guide/s1-xml-tags-screen.html

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41