Project Status?

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 22:25:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:29:59 -0800 (PST), "Rahul Sundaram"
<rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in> said:

> > This is really a policy decision - whether or not
> > draft documents should
> > be advertised for review outside this list.  The
> > process summary implies
> > that this should be done through the project
> > infrastructure (mailing
> > list, Bugzilla etc.).
>

> I dont consider it a policy decision. It shouldnt be.
> You are going to get more feedback from people outside
> this list at one point or the other. It is also
> important that you listen to those feedback from end
> users and revise your document to suit them better.
> The question is whether you publish the doc now and
> wait for feedback or actively push this doc to the
> user list *now*. the earlier you do it its better in
> IMHO

Sorry if that was a little curt - not enough sleep.  The point that I
was trying to make was that there is a process for releasing documents,
which has been decided by the editors.  There has to be, because
releasing something as a Fedora document means that it is the official
item.  So I can't put this out for review as a draft FDP Installation
Guide unless it is decided that it can go out outside of the normal
route.

I expect the text to change a great deal as people use it and give
feedback, and as Fedora keeps growing and changing.  At the moment I'm
trying to put together as much of an Installation Guide v1 as I can, so
that it can go through the FDP process and get released to users.

FWIW, the original template was the Table of Contents put in CVS by
Tammy Fox, but I've deviated from this to match the current Fedora
installation process.  There are copies of the original and revised ToCs
in the tarball.  After version 1 it may deviate some more - I know that
there is at least one more chapter I would like in (on what to do after
you've installed Fedora), and other people might want to do different
things.
--

Stuart Ellis
s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk