current list of volunteers/topics

Tammy Fox tfox at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 03:45:03 UTC 2004

OK, so I said I would send this out tomorrow, but I finished it early.
Please respond as soon as possible with your status. If you do not
respond after a week, I will assign the topic to someone else.

Next week, I will also post this list to the website.

Thanks,
Tammy

Anaconda docs http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/WebHome

Also volunteered to write anaconda docs:
(maybe the 2 of you could help with the existing Anaconda docs project)
rahul sharma <rahul at jecassam.edu>
Paul Nasrat <pauln at truemesh.com>

Volunteered for topic(s):

fprimex <brent at fprimex.com>
Dual booting and grub/lilo configuration
Dual display configurations (xinerama or nvidia's twinview)
laptop specific configurations
Setting up passwordless ssh between Linux/Mac OS X/Windows computers
Setting up/using a number of mathematics programs (R, Maple, Octave,
etc)
Installing custom style files and using LaTeX (teTeX)
Metworking (from a desktop users perspective)

Gary Travis Roberts <gtroberts at gtroberts.org>
setting up a firewall
setting up networking both with a network card and through an ISP

Christian Huegel christian.huegel at redhatforum.net
installation of a SSH server with public/private key authentication

Brian Hankins <bhankins at micahtek.com>
Configuring and using digital cameras

James Davis <jamesd at jml.net>
series of Securing Fedora tutorials
   for example, Security through installation and firstboot

Joost Soeterbroek <joost at soeterbroek.com>
Keeping Fedora updated with Yum

Mike MacCana <mikem at cyber.com.au>
Web Serving (using Apache httpd)
Mail Serving (using Postfix, Dovecot, and SpamAssassin)
File Serving (with VSFTPd / NFS /Samba)
DHCP
DNS

Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com>
Yum (already done, just needs to send to me)

Martin <nosp at xades.com>
How do I get all the latest stuff for Fedora using apt/yum?
(http://www.xades.com/proj/fedora_repos.html)
just needs FDL to be able to put on Fedora website

Bruce Martin <bruce.martin at asp-networks.co.uk>
Wireless / PDA configs

Jeremy Heilman <jah44 at po.cwru.edu>
Postfix

Aaron M. Epps <Epps.Aaron at mayo.edu>
How to setup a Samba Server (Cover Network Browsing, The new GUI config
tools, Interoperability w/Windows PC's, Firewall Config, etc...)
some tutorials on all the new config tools
config files/etc

Any topic:

Charles Brule <quackcd at comcast.net>
Craig Lang <craig at deepbluegeek.com>
Telmo Filipe Tavares da Silva <a17145 at ualg.pt>
Mike Sweeney <mikesweeney at packetattack.com>
Sean D. Matthews <matthewss2 at UofS.edu>
Stacy Pennington <truk at mazzy.com>
Ed Stoudenmire <estoude1 at tampabay.rr.com>
Bob Bevill <rbevill at wwol.com>
Phil Labonte <phil_labonte at sympatico.ca>