Sata with Fedora

Taylor, ForrestX forrestx.taylor at intel.com
Wed Feb 25 19:30:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 10:06, Ale Guerrez wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to install fedora core 1.b on my sata hd maxtor 120 gb.
> The problem is that Fedora can't find my hd; how can I do for install fedora
> on a sata hd?My motherboard is a asus p4v800-x with via chipset.

Wrong list.  Take this to the fedora-list, not the fedora-docs-list.

Now, about the problem, try changing the SATA to legacy in the BIOS to
see if that helps the installation.  If it does, try installing, and
then turn it back to SATA after installation.  If legacy doesn't help,
then your SATA chipset is not supported.

Forrest