Upgradation

alvaro gonzalez rivas alvaro at gonzalez.dk
Mon Jan 12 09:29:06 UTC 2004

yes you can directly upgrade from rh9 to fedora. provided your cd's are
o.k. and you dont have a cheap cd-rom that doesnt decide to give you a
hard time. just pop cd 1 in and on the install program just tell it to
upgrade from fh9 to fedora on your hd0 or wherever you have your linux
install. you still need all 3 cd's and it should take you about 30
minutes. plus if you want to install the latest rpm upgrades once you've
done the fedora install, it should take you a bit longer depending on
your connection. suggestion install the new kernel first and THEN
download everything else. i wouldnt know about any major dns server
change though