ISA/Printer

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Fri Jun 4 06:15:39 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Actually I'm stuck in the following translation.
I have gone through several times, checked several dictionaries but can
not still understand the situation.
Could anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Noriko

The <firstterm>stock</firstterm> (or thickness) of paper is also
important, as some printers have a paper path that is not **straight**.
The use of paper that is too thin or too thick can result in jams.

     Paper path which is not straight?

Depending on the type of laser printer deployed, consumable costs
usually are fixed and scale evenly with increased usage or print job
volume over time.

     Sorry, can you rephrase this for my better understanding?

Because they are relegated to **niche uses**, their prices (both
**one-time** and recurring consumables costs) tend to be higher relative
to more mainstream units.

     What is **niche uses**?
     My dicitionary says **one-time** means some kind of "be former",
     is this right? Actually **one-time** has been used several times.

This work-flow makes printing documents of any complexity **uniform**
and standard, resulting in little or no variation in **printing from one
printer to the next**.

     Can you give me clear vision?

More recent departmental printers include built-in or add-on network
interfaces that **eliminate the need for a dedicated print server**.

     Is that means "that resolve the need for a dedicated print server"?