Volunteer / Would like to participate

Marc Bruggeman marc.bruggeman at pro.tiscali.be
Fri May 28 08:34:17 UTC 2004

To the Fedora Documentation Project maintainer (Tammy Fox),

I have been using and experimenting with Linux over the past 5 years.
Mostly Red Hat distributions (from 6.0 onwards I have used them all,
exept 8.0) but also tried out Debian, Mandrake and Slackware on several
occasions.  As I am a telecomm professional my interest was more in how
to set up the different protocols and configure the system(s) and try to
figure out why things were/are done in such or such a way.
In my professional career I have also written lots of technical
documents and presentations and project reports in several languages
(Dutch, English, French).
Lately, I feel I would like to contribute in a way to the whole Open
Software movement and because I feel most comfortable using the redhat
distributions and now Fedora, I would like to volunteer to work on the
documentation project.

I am on Fedora Core 2 right now, have downloaded the documentation files
via CVS and am reading trough the guidelines and Emacs tutorials. I must
admit that so far, I have not yet really used Emacs and the other
mentioned tools, but hey, that will give me a new challenge and a reason
to learn something new.

Please let me know if I can be of any help to this project, or if you
would need more specific info, do not hesitate to contact me !
Regards,
Marc