Installation Guide v 0.2

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Wed Oct 27 11:58:50 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 18:10, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > No slashes please -- try: "Insert the first disc
> > into the CD or DVD
> > drive." (Notice that "disc" is generic.)
>
> Well. I just noticed that there is just one DVD and
> this might possibly lead to confusion as to whether
> they are several. If we can avoid that, it would be a
> better version

I would hate saying "Insert the first CD or DVD into the CD or DVD
drive," since it implies, even though we all know it won't work, that
you could put a DVD into a CD drive. :-)  We should probably take it as
axiomatic that the first disc in a series of one is the disc itself and
no other. Argh! I sense a metaphysical argument coming on... must...
resist... temptation...!

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE