screenshot instructions

Dashamir Hoxha dasho at ma-isp.com
Wed Sep 1 16:33:46 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 05:27 pm, Karsten Wade wrote:
> In documentation, absolute consistency can be more important than
> determining and following a "right way".  I'd rather have a document
> make a mistake consistently, than make three different mistakes about
> the sake thing.  Worse is doing the same thing three different ways!

I have to agree, but I don't like to give up my editing styles. I will see the
possibility of converting automatically my way of editing to the consistent
way (using a script or an XSLT stylesheet), so that whenever I modify the
document it can be converted instantly to the consistent way. If I fail,
then I may need an editor to do the conversion.

By the way, do you have any tool to check that a document follows
the rules of the guide? I think that it can be done by customizing the
DocBook DTD to a subset of it, and then using a validating parser.
I don't know yet how to do this, but I don't think it should be very
difficult.

What is the deadline for making ready my tutorial (converting it to
the required style) so that I can plan for meeting it?

Dashamir