final decision (?!?) on <screen> et al (was Re: screenshot instructions)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Sep 3 18:04:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 08:55, Tammy Fox wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 16:24, Karsten Wade wrote:

> > That keeps extra whitespace from creeping in.  The example in our
> > Documentation Guide[1] has newlines that create whitespace.  Was that
> > done to make the gray box look better?  I don't think it's necessary,
> > tight boxes look fine.  If the box needs expanding, best to solve it in
> > the stylesheet.

> No. It was intended to make the code easier to read. But, if it is
> adding whitespace, we should obviously omit it.

It's not as obvious when the gray box is surrounding the text.  The
stylesheet in the fedora-docs/ module don't use the gray box, so the
extra whitespace is much more obvious.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41