Linux Dictionary Contribution

Paul W. Frields paul at frields.com
Sat Sep 11 13:12:04 UTC 2004

> > contribute
> > > the
> (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Dictionary/html/index.html)
> > >
> > I am curious at to why you would want a particular
> > document replicated in FDP as well as LDP. Can you
> > kindly explain the reasoning behind this

> Main reason is because I'd prefer not to see work
> duplicated and I've seen what their 'Jargon Buster'
> and
> Wiki is like. I'd just like to give it a bit of a
> kickstart. Also, I'm seriously thinking about letting
> go of the 'Linux Dictionary' since its become *way*
> too big for me to handle. I need help!!!!

I think it's a great document, and shows a lot of work you've put into
it. I'm sure if there's anything non-repetitive in the Jargon Buster, we
could merge them. Please keep in mind, though, that the GNU FDL doesn't
allow you to place additional restrictions over and above the license
itself on your work. But the license also requires that your name stay
attached as the primary author, so you don't need to have any fear that
you'll lose credit for the amazing amount of effort you've put into it!

Thanks for your generosity; I'm sure everyone appreciates it! We'll look
forward to adapting it for the FDP. Make sure you get that Bugzilla
entry in, as Karsten said, at the earliest opportunity.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE