About conventions

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Sep 21 14:59:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 04:25, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 03:30, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> > I think that adding 'sn-' etc. before each id is redundant. I have
> > an article which has only sections and where all the ids start
> > with 'sn-'.  What is the reason for doing it like that? Can I ommit it?
>
> Yes, you can probably omit it. If you search the archive for the list
> you'll see a discussion regarding this topic that probably doesn't bear
> re-hashing.

Yeah, I recently decided that we should make the ID tag existence and
details recommended but optional.

Recommendation based on previous discussion, not worth rehashing. :)

Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer
a lemon is just a melon in disguise
http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115  5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41