Look of Fedora docs

tuxxer tuxxer at cox.net
Wed Sep 22 12:38:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 14:46, Tammy Fox wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 09:11, Vladimir Djokic wrote:
> > On сре, 2004-09-22 at 00:06 +0200, Vladimir Djokic wrote:
> > > >

> > > 	ok, i'll do that :)
> > >
> > > 	bye,
> > > 	vladeck.
> > >

> > 	quick mockups:
> > 	http://www.gnome-ppp.org/fedora/docs/network-config-ethernet.html
> > 	http://www.gnome-ppp.org/fedora/docs/network-config-ethernet-2.html
> >
> > 	they're allmost the same :)
> >
> > 	bye,
> > 	vladeck.
> >
> > --
> > "Theres no room for ideals in this mechanical place. There has to be
> > passion. "
> >

> I like them. They have a nice, clean look to them. I prefer the logo on
> the left, but that is just my opinion. The top blue headerseems a little
> big. I would like to see it smaller. I would also prefer the Fedora
> Project logo instead of the Fedora Core logo since we might get into
> documenting software in Fedora Extras or Fedora Legacy.
>
> On the Fedora website, we already have a header with a logo, so we would
> want to use a slightly different css to not add the blue header to them.
>
> Just to make sure, did you create the icons or borrow them from
> somewhere else? If you borrowed them, we need to make sure they are
> under the GPL. I would prefer to have ones made specifically for the
> Fedora docs.
>
> Also, it looks like you mocked up a page of the help that is included in
> one of our configuration tools. Since those tools are shipped in both
> Fedora and RHEL, we might want to do away with the Fedora logo in the
> CSS for the config tools help inside the tool so the developer doesn't
> have to make sure the right logo is included for whatever OS he is
> building the package for.
>
> Thanks for doing this!
> Tammy

I agree with what Tammy has said.  My only suggestion is that I would
still like to see the text links at the bottom.  It's always handy to
have text links in addition to image/graphical links.

Otherwise, quite nice. :)

-Charlie

tuxxer <tuxxer(a)cox(dot)net>

     <== tuxxer's gpg key fingerprint ==>
57EB F948 76AE 25BC E340  EFA9 FAF6 E1AC F1E1 1EA1