Missing end-tag in the documentation guide

Dave Pawson davep at dpawson.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 15:49:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 16:02, Tammy Fox wrote:

> PSGML mode still allows me to close it with </xref>. Should we change
> the docs guide to use this method instead?

Either is syntactically correct according to XML 1.0
production 44 [1].
psgml isn't a good validator, its author admits as much.
My preference is for rxp for a validator.
For the example above, I guess <xref linkend=""/> might be
nominally preferable.

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml11-20040204/#dt-eetag

Regards DaveP.
XSLT&Docbook  FAQ