how to recruit writers

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Apr 2 00:01:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 21:49 +0200, samuel desseaux wrote:
> I 've read this interessant message and would be happy to get involved
> in the docs project.
> I'm French,29,Linux user (and addict) since a long time. In my free
> time, i like to contribute to free softwares projects (as developer or
> translator,writer).
> I am a Fedora user since last year and it's very wonderful (with my 64
> bits,that's amazing ).That's for why i want to contribute to Fedora as
> writer (and developer if i have enough time).It would be for me a very
> good and learnful experience.
> So,tell me what i can (or could) do.

We can use writers and editors for just about any subject you want to
write about.  The technical level does not matter, Fedora users are all
technical levels. :)

The Fedora docs project has not yet worked closely with the Fedora
internationlization (i18n) project (fedora-i18n-list).  If you want to
do translation of documentation, you want to work through them.  You can
be a part of both projects.

If you want to write documentation in French, you will have to write
with the same considerations for translation.  We would also need an
editor who reads French.  This idea is interesting to me, we have never
considered this before.  So, it is just an idea at this point. :)

Another idea, if you want to work in English, perhaps the Installation
Guide would benefit from a multi-lingual writing team.  They could write
for translation, and in your case, even do the translation of your own
section.  This is another idea we would need to discuss with the i18n
team.

Lot's of good ideas.  Welcome, Sam. :)

- Karsten (who isn't and doesn't speak German)
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide