Brutally Honest Self Introduction: Philip Johnson

Philip Johnson plasticmonkey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 16:51:12 UTC 2005

On 7 Apr 2005, at 00:30, Paul W. Frields wrote:

<snippety>
> Send your public key to one of the well-known public keyservers if you
> haven't done so, and sign your messages to the list for maximum effect.

If all is well, this message should now be signed :). Sorry, I didn't
look  (was too lazy to look? :D) at the Self Introduction wiki page
before sending so I wasn't aware it was mandatory ;). Also, by looking
at the page I noticed a few other things I should have probably filled
in.

Heres what I aim to do as one of the documentation guys and gals:
1. First of all, docbookalize documents which haven't been already in
order to get familiar with docbook itself.
2. Second of all, help out with editing - not full blown writing just
yet - I think being an editor would help me see how things work before
jumping right in, getting things wrong and annoying those
sometimes-irritable ;) programmers :D.

Along the line of 'soft skills', I would say I have good people skills
and a great deal of patience.

Also, some of you will know me already as I'm *trying*/*should be
trying harder* to set up a HCL.

> If you want to know a little more about our process, take a look at:
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/docs/
> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/documentation-quick-start/
>
> If there's a topic you're keen on, especially one which you haven't
> seen
> anyone mention on the list or on Bugzilla, feel free to float the idea
> by the list and/or add a bug against the fedora-docs component.  If you
> take a look at the bugs already in Bugzilla, you'll have a pretty good
> idea of what's in progress right now.

Good ol' Karsten has already pointed me in the direction of the
documentation pages, but regarding bugzilla, cheers, I will do.

> There are -- correct me if I'm wrong, anyone -- three main repositories
> for what's going on in the Docs Project.  The pages at
> fedora.redhat.com
> are mostly for people who don't know anything about the project yet.
> The wiki at fedoraproject.org is oriented toward people *in* the
> project
> (meaning not just established writers and editors, but also current or
> prospective list members).  The wiki is a little more "fresh" and will
> probably carry a few works-in-progress such as the Release Notes.
> Finally, Bugzilla is where all ongoing tutorials are tracked.
>
> Feel free to ask questions here, and welcome!

Thanks :)

> --
> Paul W. Frields, RHCE                          http://paul.frields.org/
>   gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
> --

- ----
Philip Johnson (plasticmonkey at gmail.com)
IRC: philipjohnson or plasticmonkey
- -----
GPG fingerprint:
3EC6 C5B6 FCF1 1FB5 C071  FF64 E7A3 1E3A 3A8F 766B
- -----