Competition and Integration

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 14:25:32 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 10:48 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I seem to remember this, or a very similar, topic from last year, before
> FC2 was released, but I'm not sure where that ended up.  I did a search
> on the archives and didn't find the conversation thread I remember.
> What I did find was a thread where a couple people agreed to pull in
> information from other FAQs to raise the signal-to-noise ratio on
> #fedora, but unfortunately, I don't think they actually completed any of
> this work.  Maybe someone else will have better luck either with a
> search or with their own memory bank.

Are you remembering this?

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2004-August/msg00139.html

It is similar.

A piece of text like that at the top of an FAQ would help users without
putting us at risk.

One odd concern, what would we call a derived FAQ?  Fedora FAQ is
accurate, but I don't want to create competition, per se.

Another option is to write a standard blurb about how to search for
answers via Google and make sure that it helps steer people toward
fedorafaq.org without doing it implicitly.

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide