Re: Documentation Guide v2

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 17:43 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com>, spake thus:
>
> > I have some rough notes and an outline up on the wiki for comments and
> > suggestions.
>
> Paul,
>
> I can do the sandbox script if you like.
>
> I'll put the "fdp-sandbox" script into our CVS.  Folks can then
> download it an:
>
> $ fdp-sandbox my-sandbox
> $ cd my-sandbox
> $ cd part-1
> $ vi foo.xml
> $ cvs diff foo.xml
>
> or whatever.  The sandbox will have its own internal CVS repository
> so a "cvs -d/path/to/repository" or "CVSROOT=$HOME/my-sandbox" won't
> be necesssary.
>
> That sound like what you had in mind?

It's close.  The important part is that the tutorial mimic the actual
FDP CVS checkout in important ways -- i.e. a common folder, xsl, css,
etc., so that the entire toolchain will run *independently* of actual
network CVS access.  Let's solicit some more ideas before putting
fingers to keys.  There's not a rush because there are other elements of
the new guide that have to be drafted before this gets underway.