mentors

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Aug 19 00:37:25 UTC 2005

A new project/idea has been started about pairing experienced Fedora
community members with new community members.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors

There are lots of ways to help as a mentor.  Technical, cultural,
factual, simply how to find people and get stuff done.

We ask that all mentoring is done on-list, where feasible.  An
alternative is to report back to the list with summaries of off-list
work.  This way we all learn from each other.

Recognize that mentoring happens all the time on Fedora lists.  This is
a way of elevating the process, and making sure that people who care
enough to seek out this level of help are paired with someone who can
take the time to answer.

If you are a mentor or a mentee, take a look and get involved.

We are one of the first projects piloting this idea.  Whatever we learn
can be taken to the other projects, and hopefully create something the
community at large can use.

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide