docs ideas, dream big

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Fri Aug 19 01:34:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 02:10 +0100, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 17:35 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
>
> > > Their user manuals are less impressive (IMO), as they seem to overlap
> > > with each other, and with TLDP docs - references for using the
> > > command-line, and short pieces on configuring network services.
> >
> > This sparked an idea for a Fedora Guide to Useful Linux Documentation.
> > This would have links to fora and TLDP that are applicable/useful to
> > Fedora.
>
> That would be a useful thing to have.  I wrote some material a while ago
> that we could reuse to start this off:
>
> http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~hobb/fedora/nextsteps-en/  (the Finding
> Help section)
>
> DocBook source:
> http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~hobb/fedora/next-steps.tar.gz

I've just looked at this, the Novell/OpenSUSE User Guide:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/suse93/pdfdoc/user93-screen/user93-screen.pdf

Section 5, "Help and Documentation".

Note that it's a 5Mb download - they don't seem to have a HTML version
up yet.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA