how to install Oracle 9i on Fedora Core 3 or greater.

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:36:10 UTC 2005

gaurav wrote:

> I hope people might find it useful as its general perception that
> Oracle  runs only certified RH products like RHEL,RAS etc

I think perhaps you would like to add caveat to the statement made
above. Oracle *supports* installations on certified Operating System stack.

In an ideal world, Oracle is dependant upon kernel and glibc version.
www.puschitz.com is one site where RHEL as well as FC installations are
covered.

> initially i had submitted this article on Redhat doc list but I really
> got tired with my bad experience with RH bureaucratic process and
> double standards (stuff like fedora is  not supposed to Run in
> enterprise and setup , use RHEL , we don t document  proprietary stuff
> for fedora but its ok for RHEL Blah blah) .

Can you point to some public mailing list thread on this ?

Regards
Sankarshan

--

You see things; and you say 'Why?';