Docs packaging

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Tue Aug 23 23:19:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 01:03 +0200, Peter Boy wrote:

> > Putting Fedora on a diet was discussed
> > endlessly before and after FC4, so I'm not sure we can make a great case
> > for getting docs into Core.
>
> As long as we don't have localized docs the documentation doesn't need
> so much space, I suppose.
>
> >   Nor should we really bother -- Extras is
> > not a second-class citizen or a myth,
>
> It isn't indeed. But may be you need some kind of documentation before
> you can use it (e.g. yum guide) or even know about it.

AIUI, part of the plan for integrating yum into anaconda is that the
Extras repository will be available during the installation process.
Which also means that we will have to cover it in the next IG, I
guess :).

But this raises a interesting point - if no packages from Extras are
installed by default, then we may have to try to have packages in Core,
or the default installation for new users will have no docs.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA