Docs packaging

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:07:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 16:34 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 18:15 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
>
> > Can we ship the XML (perhaps as well) and have the documentation
> > readable in Yelp?  It would be great to have the installed Fedora docs
> > appear when clicking on the desktop's "Help" menu item.
>
> We still want a .src.rpm, so we can include the Makefile et al.  I.e.,
> the build environment and stuff is different.
>
> Paul, can we add a designation to the package to show 'html' and 'xml',
> or should we just go ahead and package the XML with the HTML?  No XSL,
> naturally.
>
> I think I like the idea of XML and HTML living in the same package, and
> metadata to get help systems to find *both*.

I think the yelp stuff is a GREAT idea.  I don't see any reason why it
shouldn't just all live in the same binary package for each doc, and
will address this in the package.  Install it once, get it wherever you
tend to look, whether that be %{_docdir}/HTML/*, yelp, or something else
in the future.  XML is small, compressed XML is *really* small. :-)