organizing CVS for trans

Andrew Martynov andrewm at inventa.ru
Thu Aug 25 08:07:27 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have prepared translation of FC4 Rel Notes into Russian.

And I saw that .po based translation does not works well because
some translations are context dependent.

The second reason for pure XML translation: currently I can not
successfully convert FDP xml files into .pot and back without
some works by hand.

But XML translation requires some additional steps like FC translation project do:
- pre commit check and XML validation
- some locking to prevent race conditions for translators

And one more question: how we will translate legal entities like copyright statements?

Regards,
Andrew Martynov
Inventa
Translator to Russian