Re: EPS and make PDF

Uttered "Stuart Ellis" <s ellis fastmail co uk>, spake thus:

> !  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!
> Transcript written on tmp.log.

XML->PDF is severely broken and has been for quite a while now.
Almost all of the upstream work on this topic seems to have fallen
fallow.  There are some commercial packages, such as XEP, that claim
to work but they are not opensource.

I was able to generate a PDF from the IG by using "fop".  However,
development on this tool stopped a couple of years ago.  But "fop" is
only a partial implementation.  I have a 197 page document that fop
aborts on with a message that it generated the same "id=" attribute
value twice.  Hurrumpf!

You  might try the Apache FOP tool as an interim measure, but we need
a solid toolset -- which we do not have.

Cheers!