Installation Guide TODO list

Stuart Ellis s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 15:07:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 05:25:50 -0800 (PST), "Rahul Sundaram"
<rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in> said:
> Hi
>

> > I think that this a circular problem.  Fedora and
> > GNOME developers have
> > seen the benefits of usability, so they push for
> > better usability
> > themselves.   I don't think that documentation is
> > seen as a critical
> > part of developing useful software.
>
> the point is thou that documentation is critical
> factor for many people. developers even if they dont
> write all the docs themselves should consider it
> important enough to cc the list and announce the
> important changes that should be documented

I tend to see it slightly differently.  Unless there is an active
documentation project and viable documentation, what basis is there for
asking for other people to invest their time in any way ?  So asking for
technical reviews, CC etc. is reasonable only if there are
community-supported documents.

--

Stuart Ellis
s.ellis at fastmail.co.uk