PDF Generation broken.

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 02:32:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 14:54 +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just wanted to bring this to everyones attention. I have been chatting
> to Kwade about this over on the #fedora-docs irc channel and he is aware
> that this is still broken. It has been since Fedora was announced.
>
> I have testing as much as I can, and xmlto seem to be fine, it's the tex
> part that breaks whenever there are itemizedlist's
>
> I am quite happily generating PDF when these are not in the xml doc.
>
> What can I do to fix this?

I'm poking Tim for some input.

Do you have some example XML?

> Also, page headers i.e. the documents name don't span the to of the PDF
> properly. Is this a xslt issue?

Dunno, haven't had the time to peel back the layers, but I want to Real
Soon Now.  This doesn't help you now, though.

I don't fully understand the issues.  IIRC, we were discussing using fop
instead of the tex backend for pdf generation.  Is one of our barriers
that there is no fop package for Fedora?  And we want it compiled with
gcj?

               IT executives rate Red Hat #1 for value
                 http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/